LET US WORK TOGETHER FOR AN INCLUSIVE SOCIETY!
At Consortium for Inclusive Education, we work with great passion and zeal to solve the issues that come along with inclusive education for children with special needs.
We highly regard values of care, compassion, empathy, honesty and ethical practices in our work environment.
The team being a mélange of experts from the field of education enhances learnings and career growth.
Inclusive Education(IE) Fellowship Program
The Consortium for Inclusive Education IE Fellowship program is an opportunity for the brightest and most promising individuals with skills such as critical thinking, problem solving, grit and leadership potential to contribute to a just, equitable, humane, and sustainable society. They will get an immersive experience of the Indian education system where, at present, limited attention has been paid to the quality of teaching and learning experienced by children with Special Education Needs (SEN).
Our fellows will experience teaching in mainstream classrooms and interacting with children who are slow learners or have a specific learning disability. They will also spend their time reading and understanding ideas related to inclusive education, taking these ideas to the ground and re-examining them during actual experiences building their understanding of not only schools and teachers but also of the society they are in.
Tenure: 2 years
Location: Vadodara, Gujarat
IE Fellows will be placed in schools in Vadodara, where, apart from teaching they will also engage with teachers, community and education functionaries. Engaging together as part of a school community these fellows will:
- Develop IEP for children
- Support teachers in mainstream classrooms
- Provide access to assistive technology where needed
- Counsel students, families, teachers and other support system
- Build their capacity to deliver inclusive education
- Work towards contributing to the system change needed for inclusive practice to flourish
- A Teaching qualification and prior experience is desirable but not a must to apply for the fellowship
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A belief that all students have the right to a high-quality education
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to CIE’s mission and to advancing its inclusive education ambition through their work with staff, students and families
- Successful track record of collaboratively working and building relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- To receive and reflect on feedback, while demonstrating an eagerness to grow
- A willingness and ability to own and advocate for your learning
- Show initiative in generating ideas and solutions; solve problems and achieve results beyond what is expected
- Quickly and positively accept and adapt to new responsibilities
- Excellent time management skills and a detail- and results-oriented team player who is dedicated to getting the job done.
For more details: